Nearly 80% of farmworkers are male, and most are younger than 31.
Welcome Alumni! SAF is celebrating 20 years and our most valuable outcome is you!
As alumni of the Into the Fields Internship Program, Sowing Seeds for Change Fellowship, Levante Leadership Institute, or Student Organizing School you are connected to a network that is over 700 strong. We are activists and organizers forever changed by our experience with SAF. By staying connected we can continue to build and strengthen the movement for farmworker justice and student leadership.
SAF is your clearinghouse for information and materials related to farmworkers, campus organizing tips, and professional development resources.
How to stay involved
- Keep in touch by updating your Alumni Profile and attending an alumni gathering
- Subscribe to the alumni listserve by contacting Joanna
- Recruit interns, fellows, and student organizers
- Donate to SAF or be a Farmworker Awareness Campaign Fundraiser
- Coordinate an event for National Farmworker Awareness Week
- Represent SAF at conferences or presentations in your area
- Apply for SAF's annual Petrow-Freeman documentary award
- Write an article for your campus or city paper in support of a campaign and share a copy with us!
Communications & Outreach Director