According to a 2005 survey, 53% of farmworkers are undocumented (without legal authorization), 25% are United States citizens, and 21% are legal permanent residents.
Farmworker-related organizations and sites.
- East Coast Migrant Head Start Project
- Eastern Stream Center on Resources and Training (ESCORT)
- ERIC Clearinghouse on Rural Education and Small Schools Appalachia Educational Laboratory
- Hope Rural School, Inc.
- National HEP-CAMP Association
- New Faces: Latinos in North Carolina
- Rising Farmworker Dream Fund
- Coalition of Immokalee Workers
- Farm Labor Organizing Committee (FLOC)
- Farmworker Association of Florida
- Labor Net
- National Guestworker Alliance
- Pineros y Campesinos Unidos del Noroeste (PCUN)
- United Farm Workers