Most farmworkers are married and/or have children; yet almost six out of ten farmworkers live apart from their immediate family members.
Request a Speaker
Requesting a Speaker from SAF
SAF staff can speak to your organization on the following topics:
- Introduction to Farmworkers (Living and Working Conditions)
- History of the Farmworker Movement
- History of Farmworkers in the U.S.
- Current Farmworker Organizing
- Immigration and Farmworkers
- Migration and Globalization
- Farmworker Health
- Food Justice
- Involving Congregations in the Farmworker Movement
- Farmworker Youth Organizing and Education
- Using Theatre as a Tool for Social Change
- Documentary and Farmworkers
To request a speaker from SAF, please fill out our online Speaker Request Form or download the Word document on the right.
NC Farmworker Institute Speakers Bureau
Designed as a statewide network and directory of professionals and advocates available for trainings and presentations, the NC Farmworker Institute Speakers Bureau is a great new resource for churches, schools, civic groups who want to learn about farmworkers.
The ultimate goal of the Speakers Bureau is to promote greater understanding of farmworker issues throughout our communities. We recognize that building awareness is a vital aspect of advocacy for farmworkers and immigrants in North Carolina, and that we as a community are responsible for learning more about those who bring food to our tables. The NC Farmworker Institute is a project of the NC Council of Churches Farmworker Ministry Committee.
NC Farmworker Institute Speakers Bureau, 34 pages, FREE. Available in pdf format here.
Communications & Outreach Director